CP's Blog of Doom

The King of Town's very own blog!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Moving sucks!

I found out last night that I might be moving soon. It's not of my own choosing, the gas well across the way at UTA has decided that they would like to put in a "compressor station" and my house is in the way. Until they prove otherwise, I am going to assume that the company will treat us right and compensate us fairly. I have a feeling I won't be assuming that for long! haha.

Talking to Ben about it today, he reminded me of my favorite moving story. I had screwed up ROYALLY and had to move out of an apartment before the next one was ready. I had put the date on the paperwork saying "I'll be out by X" when I really meant "I'll be out by Y" which was X + about 5 days. CP dumb sometimes...

So I found out with one day's notice that I needed to be out, and they had someone else coming in. So I had only packed about 1/3 of my stuff! I borrowed a van from work and my friend Kevin said he'd help me. We worked like dogs, loading van after van. Because my new apartment wasn't ready, I had to put everything into one of the warehouses at work. Everything I owned was there, bed, dressers, furniture, etc. and I could have lived there if there was a shower.

Unfortunately, Kevin was the least reliable of my friends. About 2/3 of the way through, we have the van loaded and he tells me "I gotta go, dude, sorry." and deserts me. So I'm standing there alone, with a van full of my stuff to unload by myself. I had to do another load or two by myself, and was miserable by the time it was through. I got it done, though!

That ended up being a great metaphor for my relationship with Kevin, always leaving right when you needed him most, so it's how I'll always remember him. "I gotta go, dude, sorry."

1 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2008 10:29 AM , Blogger Lori H said...

    My favorite is leaving everything on the lawn the LAST time you moved and watching all of your neighbors fighting over who had claimed your bookcases first, when in reality they were STEALING your stuff!

    Yeah, you didn't want it but they didn't know that.

    That move was a lot of fun. If we have to, we can make this one fun too. I'm just sad you won't live down the street from Santa any longer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home