CP's Blog of Doom

The King of Town's very own blog!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

NYC! Woowoo!

I have to find my digital camera card reader before I can post some actual pics of New York Comic-Con. These are cell phone pics of fun things I found on the streets of the City.

Hey, that's the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters! Actually, it's a vintage ambulance that's still in use at a retirement home. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

This is "Bamn Food", the triumphant return of the automat to New York City! Still popular in parts of Europe, I've always found automats very interesting. Google "automat" sometime and check them out, they were the fast food of another era. You'll notice the second row is a food called "Mac and Cheese Croket", which is just a deep-fried log of macaroni and cheese. Oof!

This is "Nikola Tesla Corner", where the scientist supposedly sat and studied pigeons late in his life. It was about a block from my hotel, and is at 40th St. and 6th Ave. in Manhattan!

More later, but I just had to share!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home