CP's Blog of Doom

The King of Town's very own blog!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Whose house?

Can I just take a moment to say that, despite all the times I bitch about it, I love owning a house?

A. It makes me a grownup.

B. It's MINE.

C. Tax deductions are AWESOME!

I'll be getting enough back to replace my front door AND get the cool storm door I want, it looks like. It's great to have enough deductions that I actually need to itemize.

  • That piece of Ben's art I bought? TOTALLY deductible. (Tom's, too, but if the IRS ever calls I'm showing them Ben's!)
  • Church? $20 a week adds up to CP getting some refundy bits!
  • Couches for Mission Arlington? Would have been good, but those jerks wouldn't take them. Grr.
  • Sales tax. I always forget about this one till TurboTax asks me. Did I pay sales tax? Heck yeah! Gimme my money, bitches!
  • Medical bills : This is one that I'm glad I DON'T get to write off, since you need to have spent $4,191 before they care. Ouch. And who picks these numbers, anyways? I bet it's Republicans.
  • No deductions for cat food or dog toys, but we'll survive.

That's about it tonight, kids, it's late. Just thought I'd share some happy with you, and I hope the tax man is kind when you figure yours!

-CP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home